ima Leasing & Financing Corporation (PLFC) manages the Gila River Indian Community’s (Community) trust land resources for agricultural leases within the Community. A major component of an agricultural lease is compliance.
Agricultural Leasing Process for Community Land
- An Agricultural Lease Proposal is submitted to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA). Forms are located at the BIA-Pima Agency.
- Pre-leasing Meeting occurs and includes BIA, Department of Transportation (DOT), Gila River Indian Irrigation & Drainage District (GRIIDD) & Pima Leasing & Financing Corporation. These entities will meet to review the lease proposal, which addresses land, rental rate, water, infrastructure availability.
- If the lease is approved at the pre-leasing meeting, PLFC will forward the consent forms with recommendation to the Gila River Indian Community’s Executive Office for the GRIC Governor’s signature.
- PLFC will forward copies of signed consent forms via email to BIA, GRIIDD, and the Office of General Counsel (OGC).
- BIA will prepare the lease and send a fully-executed lease hardcopy to PLFC. PLFC will forward a copy to GRIIDD & OGC.
- Lease payment will be processed through the BIA Lock Box and processed for electronic payment to GRIC Finance.
Land Owned by Individual Tribal Members
Contact: BIA-Pima Agency
Realty Office | 204 W. Pima Street |Sacaton, AZ 85147 | (520) 562-3376